Monday, February 18, 2013

Spiritual Warfar

Dreams have always been a huge part of my life. Its like I live in another spiritual realm when I finally drift. Sometimes it's fill with terror, and sometimes with extreme peace. Last night it was... leeches.
I dreamed I was on a dock near dark, black water in the dark. HUGE, long, hard and round leaches up to the size of my arm were jumping out of the water and throwing themselves at me trying to stick to me for the satisfaction of sucking on my precious blood and taking away the very thing that gives me life. I'm happy to say none of them actually got to me, but they got awfully close and they did a great job of terrifying me. Remembering that leeches don't like salt, I ran to get some and poured salt over this one giant leech. As soon as I did his skin started smoking and he began screaming a high pitched, horrible scream as though he were a Ringwraith in disguise. Funny enough, that terrified me more than the fact that they were flinging themselves desperately at me.
The dream ended with me unharmed, albeit, a little frightened.

Instantly I knew that this was a dream of spiritual warfare.
Last night with my Sr. High girls at youth group I felt the need to pray for all the weary souls in the room. I felt as though a spiritual attack could have been upon us. I think my dream was showing me that God is and was protecting us and working. He's showing me the power of prayer through my dream. The Devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy, but Christ came to give us life, and to the full. My God is the Salt of the Earth. Sprinkle His name around your life and He will protect you from the Evil One.