Saturday, August 27, 2011

the most comforting arms

I am amazed by my loving God. Every time I seek Him He is faithful beyond my expectations.
Through this summer here in Estes Park God has been consistently reminding me that I am not as forgettable as I have believed all my life. He continues to fill me with His peace. He opens His arms to me when I become stagnant and desire to run back to Him. God is slowly awakening deep desires in my heart.
Most of all. Most of all. He takes care of me. I hesitate writing about how amazed I am by this one thing; how amazed I am at His faithfulness of how he takes care of me. I struggle to find the perfect words to get my heart and point out. They're not there.
When I seek to learn more about my God He continually draws me back to show me that He is always taking care of me, that He always is wrapping His arms around me, keeping me safe, and making sure I am loved, safe, healthy, and in a good place. I look to find new things for God to teach me but once again, I will find him drawing me back and saying, "Look Sarah, still you are fully taken care of by me. I will never stop taking care of you. When you feel like no one else can take care of you, I will always be right next to you providing you with everything you need." Even when I don't feel He needs to be showing me this, He still will be showing me this. It has been the theme in life. When no one else can take care of me, God can. He always is, always has been, always will. And He LOVES it! It's a great joy to Him for me to fall into His arms with full trust as I let him take care of me. I can tell you lists of ways God has done this for me.
My words are failing me. My actions, my thoughts, my feelings. They are all failing me because God is so much bigger than all those things. It's okay, though. I rest in the fact that one day there world will be as it should and no longer this body of mine will fail to express the largeness of my love for my God.
He longs to take care of us all. Let Him. Sometimes we don't even realize how exactly it is we need to be taken care of, but it makes me fee safe to know that many times, only God knows.