Thursday, January 25, 2024

Presence

 Write every day. What sings today? The desert sings. The clouds sing. Movement. My body. The closeness I feel with The Divine when allowing my being to be fully swallowed by the magnificence of each of these things.

With every sense I get to feel fully alive. I close my eyes and see the red dust of the desert kicked up by the wind where it hovers over a deep red earth. A depth that has seen and felt many stories take place above it. What does the desert know? It knows something, it knows everything, and it holds it there in it's red clay and rock. It knows it so well, that seeing and touching it actually bring you into it. You don't know what the earth knows, but your body is affected by it. When you touch it, your soul take a piece of it's history. You become the past, and the present, and future. What divinity.

I feel like I need the desert. Why do I need it. I don't want to stay there, or live there. I want to just be there. Yes, I want to play there, and boy there is so much to play. But maybe the way the desert just lets you be there is what makes the desert such a special and mysterious and magnificent place. Within this vast open place is an ocean of presence. 

When you're season is Waiting, presence can be hard.