Friday, May 27, 2011

bittersweet

There is always, always, always a sadness in my heart when I leave an old destination and head out for a new one. Seattle was once my saddest departure. Champaign has crept it's way up to the far lead. Let's just get this out there... I sort of love humidity. I love my jogs down University Ave drooling over all the beautiful houses (perfect for starting a small hostel in...). I love nights at the Blind Pig where I always end up meeting new people. And of course running into people I'd rather not meet again. I miss my family. And I miss watching girly movies with my sister. I loved waking up every morning early to the birds chirping over my tent. I loved being able to get anywhere on my bike in ten minutes or less. I loved walking downtown and inevitably running into someone I know, and of course love. I even miss working at Pekara and greeting my regulars with my most friendly smile. I miss getting roofied at the new bar in town... err... actually I don't miss that. Should I even tell that story..? Yikes.
I thrive on hospitality. It's a bit hard to be hospitable to people in a new setting. I'll find a way. I always do.
I'll see you again soon Champaign.