Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Return of Midlife Crisis Matt, And The Decline of My Life As We Know It.

Just a word of wisdom here: When you start a new job, make sure the business you work for isn't about to completely go under. If it is, you probably won't get paid.
Welcome to my current position. I am owed three weeks of working all the way back from October from the Pie Shop in Estes Park. According to the owner, they got audited and they drained every penny from every account of theirs a week and a half ago. Shady. Funny story is, she has owed me this money for two months and has yet to pay it. First, she never got my messages because her phone was off. Then, the check she sent never came so she canceled them and resent (bullshit). Strangely enough, after she sent them the second time they came back to her all mangled up without postage on them. And then, oh, they were audited. Boo.
Also, I am broke. And stranded. My car isn't running and I had to get towed out of the middle of nowhere Illinois after waiting an hour for the weirdo to come pick Aaron and I up. I'll just leave his description at weirdo.
Speaking of weirdo's, Midlife Crisis Matt just sent me a text but 20 minutes ago. I told you he wasn't gone forever. It consisted of a beautiful picture of somewhere like Paradise (obviously very, very far away from me) and said, "Remember me Sarah? I've been living in Kauai. Back in SLO now. Have a look. -Matt Potter".
Once I get paid from the Pie Shop, maybe I can get my car fixed and drive to the store to buy food.
Really, it's the simple things in life.

In the words of my dad, sometimes days just "suck swamp water through a dirty straw".
Here's to the next week of walking, dumpster diving, and filing complaints about that damn Pie Shop. Amen.